Monday, January 4, 2010

Numbering My Days

January 4, 2010

"So teach us to number our days, that we may gain heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

To number our days is to:
  • set store by time
  • mourn for the past that we have wasted in worldly pursuits
  • use the present diligently
  • understand that we cannot know the future and must, therefore, not delay our salvation and gracious works of prayer
  • do not procrastinate
  • make valuable use of each moment

To gain a heart of wisdom:

  • give attention to eternal things
  • be humble
  • fear the Lord
  • study His word
  • pray
  • fellowship with other Christians

This verse teaches me to be diligent daily. To spend my time in pursuit of the plan that God has for me. It encourages to not be wasteful of my time (which is a gift from God) by being lazy and idle. This goes along with God's instructions in Titus 2 regarding being a "keeper at home", always busy and diligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment