Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Home

"Every wise woman buildeth her house, but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." -Proverbs 14:1


What are the ways I can build my house?

-have a joyful attitude about my housework

-have a plan and schedule to keep my house clean and efficient

-have kind words for my husband and children

-obey God's word



What do I do to pluck it down?

-get frustrated with the children and respond in anger

-skip housework because I am tired or have over-scheduled my day outside the home

-be inconsistent with my personal devotion time


"She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not of the bread of idleness."-Proverbs 31:27


Laziness is a big part of plucking my house down for me. I have often chosen to watch TV instead of do the dishes, take a nap instead of cleaning the bathroom, go to bed early instead of folding and putting away laundry.


God has given women a wonderful gift and responsibility of being the keeper of the home. He expects us to give that task all we have. Working outside the home (as I do) does not lessen the importance of the task of keeping my home and does not reduce the amount of responsibility I have in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment