Monday, January 17, 2011

Chaos To Calm

I have started an online devotional at http://www.proverbs31sisters.com/ called "From Chaos to Calm". It has been quite a while since I have blogged about my Bible studies, namely because I have been inconsistent in my reading and studying of God's word.

I am starting off 2011 with a renewed spirit and determination to grow closer to God through the study of His word. I thought a good way to do that would be to share my thoughts on the daily devotional I am doing through the "From Chaos to Calm" series. We are actually on Day 11, so I will just give a brief overview of what I have learned and what I have accomplished as well as where I continue to fall short!
One of the most important things I have learned is that DAILY, CONSISTENT, QUIET time in God's word and prayer is NECESSARY to a calm household! And it needs to be FIRST thing in the MORNING, not sometime during the day when I manage to fit it in!




Reading God's word and seeking His guidance in prayer should be like getting dressed every day...I wouldn't go to work with no pants on, so how can I start my day without first preparing my heart and mind for the challenges that lie ahead during my day.
Going out into the world each morning is like going into battle without any armor, I have no protection against the arrows of "bills", "deadlines", "car pool", "laundry", "meetings", "traffic", and so on that the world throws at me throughout my day. By taking time in the morning to settle my heart and mind on God, it helps me keep my focus on Him no matter what comes my way.


Other areas that we have discussed have been regarding our treatment of our husbands, how we respect (or disrespect them), how we submit (or don't), and how we can change our bad habits into good. While I know I have made some significant improvements in this area in the past few years, I can see that I still have far to go and many changes yet to make!


I am excited to share this journey from chaos to calm with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment